Displaying 1 - 5 of 5
A spiritual anthology drawn from the Greek and Russian traditions, concerned in particular with the most frequently used and best loved of all Orthodox prayers--the Jesus Prayer. Texts are taken chiefly from the letters of Bishop Theopan the Recluse, along with many other writers.
- Contemplation by Applied Subject,
- Contemplation by Tradition,
- Centering Prayer,
- Lectio Divina,
- Jesus Prayer,
- History Learning and Contemplation,
- Humanities and Contemplation,
- Practices of Christian Contemplation,
- Religious Studies Learning and Contemplation,
- Higher Education and Contemplation,
- Education and Contemplation,
- Christian Contemplation
Bourgeault looks to the Gospels, to contemplative experience, and to recently discovered ancient Christian documents (such as the Nag Hammadi scriptures and the Gospel of Thomas) to reveal a fresh new understanding of Jesus and his teaching.